NEMISIG (North East Music Information Special Interest Group) is a yearly informal meeting for Music Information Retrieval researchers who work at the intersection of computer science, mathematics, and music. NEMISIG gathers researchers from the Northeastern United States and has previously been hosted at Columbia (2008, 2014), NYU (2010), Drexel (2011, 2016), Dartmouth (2012), The Echo Nest (2013), Ithaca College (2015), University of Rochester (2017), Brown University (2018), Brooklyn College (2019) and Smith College (2020)
Register by May 26, 2022. There is no cost to register, but you must register to attend so that we can plan accordingly. REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
This year, NEMISIG will be in Newark, NJ at New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), June 4th, 2022. It is hosted by Mark Cartwright of the Department of Informatics. It will held in the Central King Building (in room 116) on NJIT’s Newark campus.
Saturday, June 4, 2022
In Central King Building, Room 116 (CKB 116) except where noted:
- 09:00am to 10:00am – Check in, coffee, and pastries
- 10:00am to 10:15am – Welcome remarks
- 10:15am to 11:30am – Lab talks
11:30am to 01:00pm – Poster session
01:00pm to 02:00pm – Lunch (provided) (on Campus Center Terrace)
- 02:00pm to 02:30pm – Discussion of breakout session topics
- 02:30pm to 03:30pm – Breakout session 1
- 03:30pm to 04:00pm – Coffee break
- 04:00pm to 05:00pm – Breakout session 2
- 05:00pm to 05:30pm – Breakout session recap and closing remarks
Newark, the most populous city in NJ, is located within New Jersey’s Essex County, just 8 miles from New York City. Newark is rich with culture, whether it’s an exhibit at one of the many local art galleries, a trip to the Newark Museum, or a concert at the Prudential Center, there is always something happening here. It is well known for both the delicious Portuguese, Brazilian, and Spanish resturants in the Ironbound district, and for Branch Brook Park with its 360 Acres of meadows, trails, and one of the largest collections of cherry blossom trees in the nation.
Travel and Accomodations
Local Map & Parking
The star on the map indicates the location of NJIT’s Central King Building (CKB) where NEMISIG will take place.
Parking is available in the designated lots. Click here for the Google Map pin of our parking garage.
Getting to NJIT
NJIT can easily accessible by both car and public transportation.
- Subway: NJIT is located at the Warren Street stop on the Newark Lightrail
- From Amtrak (Newark Penn Station): You can take the Newark Lightrail to Warren Street (5 minutes)
- From Amtrak (New York Penn Station): You can take the NJTransit Morris & Essex Line to Newark-Broad Street (20 minutes), and then walk to campus (15 minutes)
- From Port Authority Bus Terminal in Midtown Manhattan: You can take NJTransit Bus No 108 (30 minutes)
- From World Trade Center in Downtown Manhattan: you can take the Newark bound PATH train to get to Newark-Penn station, and then take the Newark Lightrail to Warren Street (30 minutes)
- From Newark International Airport: you can take the GO28 Newark Bloomfield via Broad St to Lombardy St (15 minutes) and walk to campus (15 minutes)
For more details on getting to NJIT, please see the NJIT website.
Staying near NJIT
There are several hotels nearby in the areas of Downtown Newark and Harrison (price quotes are approximate):
- Hampton Inn & Suites Newark-Harrison-Riverwalk: $180/night
- Marriot Downtown Newark: $136/Night
- TRYP Newark: $120/Night
AirBnBs are also an option, with an average price around $70-110.
We hope you will enjoy your time here attending NEMISIG 2022!